Friday 21 June 2013

Summat a bit sentimental for a Friday Night

I live in a beautiful part of the world.  Mountains, lakes and the seaside all rolled into one.  Usually I'm too pissed off that its raining to appreciate the beauty though.  I'm the same generally with love and sentimentality so it doesn't appear much in my poems.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that its unlikely I'll post another sentimental-ish poem on here, so appreciate it while you can.

Ode with sentimental undertones.

I can see a long way from my window, the fields and trees before me
Misty in the morning and clear when in the sun.
I can see the birds when flying, I can see those landed calling
from the first new light of morning to the setting of the sun.

I don't often see what's near me, though its nearer than the mountains
That I can see so clearly from my window every day
I often miss what's close to me and hurt the things that I don't see
but still I'd rather miss you here than see you far away.

Some thing are simply meant to be
seen, and others not
Some things are just the way they are
and change them you can not.
So when I see things close to me
and know just what they mean to me
I learn to not look far away
and cherish what I've got.

I can see a long way from my window, the fields and trees before me
Misty in the morning and clear when in the sun.
But I can see much more than this by using more than just my eyes
I see that which is closer than the mountains and the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment