Friday 28 June 2013

This has really got my goat / throat.


And so it begins.  The Daily Fail has published an article saying how calling the attack on Nigella Lawson ‘domestic violence’ demeans people who are suffering from real domestic violence.

This is marvellous news.  Since grabbing by the throat and twisting someone’s nose isn’t violence, I know what I’m going to be doing this weekend, and if anyone complains, I'll explain that its demeaning of them to call it violence as I've not murdered them.


Ode to the Victim Blaming Daily Mail

Thank god for the Daily Mail!
Without them I would never know
That there’s a sliding scale
And that some domestic violence
Is OK now just so long
As it’s not as bad as other types
That we know still go on.
 

Thank god that we’ve cleared that up!
Without it I would still have thought
That grabbing by the throat
Was in fact domestic violence
But I now know if I’m cross
I can do it to my husband
And all with no morals lost!
 

Thank god for the Daily Fail!
Without them I would never know
That there’s a sliding scale
Of criminality so long as
Something is much worse
So since you’ve not been murdered
Don’t report I’ve nicked your purse.

 

Fuckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment