Sunday 16 June 2013

Bohemian Mumsnetty

Mumsnet is my second home.  I moved in there a few years ago and have found the rent very reasonable and the company mostly enjoyable.  Lots of my odes over the past few years have been for my Mumsnet friends and this one is no different.

Quick translation for those not in the know:

Luff / luffs / luffly = love, loves, lovely.
AIBU = Am I being unreasonable, the site's holding pen for keyboard warriors.
Greggs sausage roll = Greggs is a bakers in the UK.  My town is tiny, but still manages to support 3 Greggs.  If you can wrap it in pastry, you can buy it in Greggs.
Flounce = leave the site in a huff, usually posting a "so long, I can't take it anymore" post in Flouncers' Corner.

Bohemian Mumsnetty
Look how my life's changed
Since having the baby
I'm overwhelmed
By the choices that now face me
I'll go on line to have a whine and see
There is a forum
It holds answers for me

Because its baby come, baby grow
Toddler strop, school they go
Evil smelly teens then
Nest is empty again
You see.

Mumsnet, just fed my child
On a Gregg’s sausage roll
When he's just turned 6 months old

Mumsnet I've just had a race
Crashed my car into the last
Parent - child space

Mumsnet Oooooh
How did I miss that…
My husband was a lying cheating twat?
His affairs
Carried on
Should I just leave the bastard?

Too late, I have to go
I'm on here every night; I'm addicted to the site
Goodbye everybody; AIBU?
Going hide you threads and post in somewhere new.
Mumsnet Ooooh
I don't want to flounce
But sometimes wish I'd never logged on at all...

I see a little silhouette of a clique
No not us! No not us! We are really quiet lovely!
Put all the in-jokes on: Purpose of the thread gone eek!

You're so luffly
No your're luffly
You're so luffly
No YOU'RE luffly
You're so luffly
Luffs you so!

I'm gonna blow!

I'm just a step mum nobody loves me
She's just a step mum from a step family
Must not complain about her DSD.

Trends may come trends may go, Per Una is no
Yes Boden, though Per Una is a no
(it’s a no) Yes Boden! Per Una is a no
(it’s a no) Yes Boden! Per una is a no
(it’s a no) Una is a no
(It's a no) Una is a no (its a no) Ah
No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

Style and Beauty, Style and Beauty, Style and Beauty let me go
Beelzebub has some Mum Boots put aside for me
For me
For meeeeeeee!

(Mosh)

So you think your opion on here's all that?
Be it feeding or homework or kids who are fat?
Oh, baby, better breastfeed that baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here

But! Then we help each other, giving time for free,
That's what really matters,
That's what really matters to me...

In Bohemiam Mumsnet-eeeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment