Wednesday 3 July 2013

Simon and Carbunkle

Whilst digging in my vault of useless stuff, I found this version of the Sound of Silence that I wrote when on Mat leave with baby-babyheave.

It made me smile as it refers back to a time when I was at home procrastinating, rather than in work procrastinating.  Gosh.  I've come so far.

The Sound of Mumsnet

Hello Mumsnet my old friend
I've come to post on you again
Because the youngest DCs sleeping
and the eldest is not peeping
and My DH is now watching boring sport
Of some sort
And so I'm here
On Mumsnet

In Morrrisons I shopped alone
then I lugged the groceries home
And then although the house needs cleaning
I found the thought just so demeaning
When my hands were spared by the thought of a fresh bun fight
On this web site
And so I'm here
On Mumsnet

And in the forums here I saw
Three hundred people, may be more
People posting random queries
drunken threads where posts are bleary
People starting threads that no one answers there
If they don't care
It's all in here
On Mumsnet

The fools that ask AIBU
and when told yes refuse its true
the parents obsessed with their buggies
advice on real nappies or huggies
And the topics where so few go silence falls
within their walls
Its all in here
On Mumsnet

But I must go now with regret
Before I'm accused of negect
As My eldest is now calling
and the youngest's started squalling
And My DH's banging on about the final scoree
its such a bore
but no more can I spend time
On mumsnet

No comments:

Post a Comment