Saturday 22 June 2013

Skylanders are stealing my life.

They've invented hard core drugs for 6-8yo boys.  They're called Skylanders.  Small Heave loves them with a passion.  I've even got him doing the laundry to earn money to buy the things, but at £8 to £16 a pop, they suck his money out of his pocket and time from his life.

See what I mean about the correlation with hard core drugs?  Hell yeah.

One night while having a major bout of insomnia, I started my own game.  I am now addicted.  I have my own Skylander called Hot Dog and he's hidden in the cupboard where Small Heave can't find it.  This is ridiculous behaviour for a middle aged woman.

Ode To Skylanders

I may be pushing forty
or maybe a little more
but those little bits of plastic
strewn upon the back room floor
hold a dirty little secret
as when dark takes over light
I come down when they're sleeping
and I play the game all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment