Tuesday 9 July 2013

I guess it's summer.

Its a heady 20 C here today and where I live that's scorching hot.  I don't think we know quite what to do with ourselves.  You see, normally, it begins to rain at the start of June and carries on all through July and August before stopping, briefly, for a couple of weeks in September before the October rain starts.  This whole sun and warmth thing in July is most confusing.

This isn't my best ode, but it pretty much sums up how it is here at the moment.

Ode to it being a bit hot

There's a lot of shirtless lobsters,
There's a lot of tiny skirts
There's a lot of sweaty cyclists
and I'll tell you what is worse
That we all look quite bewildered
That the sun is in the sky
and perplexed it isn't raining
Like is normal in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment